Home Forums Hardware New fantastic FEP VAT in action

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

mandreas007
    Participant

Dear Makex users

I had the pleasure to try the new fantastic Vat designed by Makex Team,
    it appears with an elegant clean design (I personally think it is a masterpiece of Engineering)
    but besides being beautiful it is incredibly robust, no plastic part here as you can see around, but all in steel, you have the ‘impression which it is an object that will last forever! But there’s more news: no more fogeffect , no more fear of damaging the basis for any calibration errors, then you can experiment with different types of resins without be afraid of ruining the bottom of silicon; secret is a system of springs and a sheet of Teflon FEP which, thanks to its non-stick properties, allows the detachment of the resin, to continue, not more expensive purchases of Sylgard 184 or similar to redo the base, for last, the geometric precision is more visible.
    In the video I used a mixture of resins ENVISIONTEC RC31 and Spot A gp,
    all the best
    Andrea

MakeX
    MakeX
    Keymaster

Dear Mandreas007,

Thanks for your sharing, it is great to see your M-One working perfectly with the new vat:D

By the way, how is the printing result with the mixture resin?

Best,

MakeX

mandreas007
    Participant

Thank you MakeX Team

the results are very positive and the cure times is quick (7 sec. to 30 microns)
    I attach some pictures ..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QD7fI1j_KrMVBuc21lVWdxUmc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4QD7fI1j_KrQ0JUenRuOHpJbnM/view?usp=sharing

all the Best ,

Andrea

MakeX
    MakeX
    Keymaster

Nice print:D

mandreas007
    Participant

….even very large pieces are printed without problems :)

MakeX
    MakeX
    Keymaster

Cool, could you please send us more print images? We are planing have a user gallery in our website.

Best,

MakeX

mandreas007
    Participant

Hello MakeX Team,
    here is the latest print, model in Zbrush, printed with the new Vat:

mandreas007
    Participant

A completed pieces for a model…

MakeX
    MakeX
    Keymaster

Wow! Mandreas007, are all these models printed by mixed resins from ENVISIONTEC RC31 and Spot A gp? The prints look so great!

We are interested in your idea of using mixed resins, which is really useful to the material guidance we are preparing now for our users. Is that possible for you to post a resin instruction on our material section? Or could you please send us more information, so that we can make the instruction for you and share with other users?

Best,

MakeX

irawans
    Participant

@mandreas007, what a great result. Are you selling it or it is just a hobby ?
    Because I want to ask if you mind sharing the paint that you are using ? I would like to make my figures as a hobby, but do not know which kind of paint is used.

mandreas007
    Participant

@Makex,

I’m preparing a report of my experiences with the mixing resins, when ready i emailing 😉

Best
    Andrea

mandreas007
    Participant

@iranian, thank you :)

some models I sell to collectors, others for my personal collection, but they are all made by me with Zbrush,
    for coloring, first spraying a base of gray “Fine surface primer Tamiya” then use acrylic paints (Vallejo or similar) with the airbrush and, where needed, with a brush

Best,

Andrea

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.